A myriad of different ways to perceive the world
How does the Mirror Mirror process differentiate from other similar tools on the market?
Asking people at work questions to gather data, produce conclusions, then work with that data to improve something is common. What makes Mirror Mirror unique is that it takes a structured, measurable approach, with a specific focus on behavioural and cognitive alignment, as a fast-track to improving team effectiveness.
How long does the process take?
The Mirror Mirror Full Picture interviews and surveys take less than an hour per participant and are conducted face to face or virtually. The report can be delivered within 48 hours, and the subsequent team workshop can be managed within a day. The end-to-end process can be delivered within a timeframe as short as a week.
Why use perception analysis to understand a team situation as opposed to existing documentation, such as business plans and relevant research?
Mirror Mirror recognises that, as far as people are concerned, perception is reality. It actually doesn’t matter what’s written in the strategy or mission statement if what people say and do is based on a different interpretation. We recognise that teams need to have a shared reality to deliver better together – both on what they’re doing and how they are doing it. This does not mean they need to agree with each other. Rather, team members need compatible interpretations in their work together – or to accept their differences – so that decisions are supported even if individuals don’t agree with them.
What is the philosophy behind Mirror Mirror?
Mirror Mirror is based on the following tenets:
- A shared reality at the team level is an essential precursor for effective strategy implementation
- Reality is only based on how people perceive things
- The way people perceive things is more fluid when they are in an open, respectful, and inclusive environment
- People at work can achieve more and be happier when they are heard and valued
- A better shared reality leads to more ownership, agility and innovation.