Improving team effectiveness through behavioural and cognitive alignment
People can be working together while living in different realities because everyone interprets the world in their own way and behaves according to their own logic. Assumptions, misunderstandings, habits, biases – these often sit under the radar, affecting performance, motivation, and delivery. We call it ‘The Fog’.
Mirror Mirror is a discovery process that clears the fog. It shows what your team is doing well, what is holding them back, and what needs addressing. It puts the issues on the table in a safe, objective, and constructive way. It gives people in teams the clarity, alignment, and momentum they need to get on and deliver great results together.
Research shows that unless a team has behavioural compatibilty and cognitive clarity, their decisions and actions will be skewed, with negative impacts on progress.
Do you recognize any of these symptoms?
- Disconnects between team members
- Issues not identified or addressed
- Difficulties with alignment especially with virtual or project teams
- Problems moving teams into agile ways of working
- Trouble engaging employees with the strategy
- Communication gaps between leaders and employees.
If so, this is where Mirror Mirror fits:
- Get team-level disconnects identified and on the table
- Address issues in a safe, objective and constructive way
- Create compatibility between team perspectives
- Clarify common challenges and goals
- Get teams into agile ways of working
- Define and set up effective team behaviours
- Improve vertical communications on strategy and feedback.
The outcomes are deep and impactful:
- Better shared understanding
- More ownership
- Increased team effectiveness
- A more open, respectful and inclusive culture.
The benefits are immediate and lasting:
- Higher levels of performance & innovation
- Better strategy implementation
- Improved sustainability and reputation
- Increased staff attraction and retention.