Mirror Mirror is best for new teams, virtual teams, teams in change, and struggling teams. It connects strategy intent to implementation, and promotes agile ways of working.
There are two versions:
Mirror Mirror Full Picture for whole team alignment creates significant, measurable improvements in team clarity and alignment, team familiarity and interaction, team effectiveness and preparedness; and it creates a better, lasting team communication culture of openness, respect and inclusion. It also creates rich insights for wider use.
The process comprises:
- Individual guided interviews per team member @ 45 -60 minutes each (the language used in the questions can be adapted to your organization)
- An alignment report based around key insight areas
- Tailored 4 – 8 hour workshop based on guidance from team leader
The Mirror Mirror Quick-Scan assesses and accelerates top-level social alignment in teams. It is a more focused, semi-automated version of the full Mirror Mirror intervention for rapidly delivery across multiple teams. It diagnoses further social alignment requirements and provides the same benefits as with the Full Picture Mirror Mirror version, but to a lesser extent:
- improves team engagement, alignment and effectiveness
- creates a more open, respectful, and inclusive team culture
- promotes team engagement and agility
- generates useful feedback for relevant stakeholders.
- 10 – 20 minutes per person to complete the advance e-survey (10 – 12 questions)
- 2 options based on survey results:1) move to complete the full Mirror Mirror process, above or 2) continue with the 2 – 3 hour Quick Scan workshop.
How it differentiates
Mirror Mirror is quicker, cheaper, more effective, and provides more outcomes than other people tools on the market. Here’s why.
- People take on full ownership when they are not told what to do differently by external parties who judge them. Mirror Mirror is an entirely facilitative process.
- The extent to which learning is applicable relates to how closely it can be linked to the context of the learning participant. The Mirror Mirror process is entirely anchored in the team context.
- When people become more conscious of their own views, assumptions, and mental models, they have more flexibility to adapt them for the better. And when people are able to share their thinking with others in an open and respectful environment, they can build a better shared current reality – the basis of more effective team decisions and actions. Mirror Mirror is fundamentally about broadening the team’s shared current reality for increased effectiveness. It captures the way people see things as data that is accessible, measurable and repeatable.