The process comprises:
- 1-1 guided anonymous interview and survey per team member (time commitment <60 mins per participant)
- An alignment report based on key insight areas
- Tailored 6 – 8 hour workshop based on guidance from the Leader / Manager, resulting in an action plan co-created by the team
- Follow up and evaluation.
The Mirror Mirror Quick-Scan fully assesses and and partly accelerates effectiveness in teams. It is a more focused, semi-automated version of the full Mirror Mirror intervention for rapidly delivery across multiple teams. It provides the same benefits as with the Full Picture Mirror Mirror version, but to a lesser extent:
- improves team engagement, alignment and effectiveness
- creates a more open, respectful, and inclusive team culture
- promotes team engagement and agility
- generates useful feedback for relevant stakeholders.
- 20 minutes per person to complete the advance, anonymous e-survey
- An alignment overview report based on key insight areas
- 4 hour workshop resulting in an action plan, co-created by the team
- Follow up evaluation
With a Mirror Mirror report, you can see:
- How the team scores across a range of effectiveness behaviours
- What the team members think is important and why
- How the team members feel about their world at work
- What is coming up as needed, missing, working
- What organizational factors outside of the team’s influence are blocking their effectiveness
- Most importantly, where the team alignment gaps and opportunities are.
Mirror Mirror works so well in practice because:
- It provides a safe environment in which participants can share their views anonymously
- It takes a data-driven, objective approach, turning previously imperceptible alignment gaps into solid findings
- It shows participants their inputs are heard and used, which leads on to more relevance, engagement and ownership
- It enables people to appreciate the views of their colleagues while not necessarily being in agreement
- It presents results that cannot be disputed because they are a reflection of the participants’ own views at the collective level
- It involves participants in open, respectful, and inclusive behaviours without having to label and discuss them
- It does not impose judgement what the team needs to do differently – next steps emerge as part of the process.