Mirror Mirror has several variations, depending on the team situation:
- virtual teams
- new teams
- cross-functional teams
- teams in change and transition
- teams operating in a post acquisition / M&A environment
- innovating teams
- executive teams.
For all of these variations there are two process options:
Mirror Mirror Full Picture creates significant, measurable improvements in team clarity and alignment, team familiarity and interaction, team effectiveness and preparedness; it creates a lasting team culture of openness, respect and inclusion; it creates rich insights for sponsors.
The process comprises:
- 1-1 guided anonymous interview / survey per team member (time commitment <60 mins per participant)
- An alignment report based on key insight areas
- Tailored 4 – 8 hour workshop based on guidance from team leader
- A feedback report for the leader / sponsor.
The Mirror Mirror Quick-Scan fully assesses and and partly accelerates effectiveness in teams. It is a more focused, semi-automated version of the full Mirror Mirror intervention for rapidly delivery across multiple teams. It provides the same benefits as with the Full Picture Mirror Mirror version, but to a lesser extent:
- improves team engagement, alignment and effectiveness
- creates a more open, respectful, and inclusive team culture
- promotes team engagement and agility
- generates useful feedback for relevant stakeholders.
- 20 minutes per person to complete the advance, anonymous e-survey
- An alignment overview report based on key insight areas
- 2 – 3 hour workshop.
With a Mirror Mirror report, you can see:
- How the team scores across a range of effectiveness behaviours
- What the team members think is important and why
- How the team members feel about their world at work
- What is coming up as needed, missing, working
- What organizational factors outside of the team’s influence are blocking their effectiveness
- Most importantly, where the team alignment gaps and opportunities are.
- provides a safe and confidential environment in which participants can share their views and ideas anonymously
- takes a data-driven, objective approach, turning previously imperceptible alignment gaps into solid findings
- shows participants their inputs are heard and being used
- enables people to appreciate the views of their colleagues while not necessarily being in agreement
- presents results that cannot be disputed because they are a reflection of the participants’ own views at the collective level
- encourages open, respectful, and inclusive behaviours
- does not impose a judgement what the team needs to do differently – the answers emerge as part of the process.