People in teams have different ways of seeing and understanding things. But if their views aren’t compatible – if they aren’t pointing in the same direction – any progress will be slow, difficult, and frustrating. We specialize in getting this sorted out with leaders and their teams by facilitating alignment, clarity and momentum.
Mirror Mirror is best for aligning teams in change or transition; for helping teams out of performance or collaboration issues; for on-boarding new team members or new leaders; or for closing the gaps with people in virtual teams.
Develop a better shared reality among the people in your team to improve effectiveness.
Let’s look at ‘the problem’ in a little more depth. An ongoing concern at the leadership level is strategy implementation – how to ensure the organization delivers to forecast. It’s difficult to understand what’s really going on at operational level, and it’s a real challenge to communicate effectively with a lot of different people in different places.
Similarly, employees struggle to fully understand and be understood, which prevents them from taking full ownership and coordinating to meet requirements. But it’s not just about the distance: we are all human. Misunderstandings, assumptions, gaps in information, unconscious biases, and social as well as environmental influences all contribute to how people see things differently.
The scope for people in organizations to become socially misaligned is huge, and the overall cost of that happening is immense. The experience of social misalignment is frustrating and demotivating for everyone involved because it wastes time and money, and leads to poor performance.
Is this inevitable? Yes. Is it unavoidable? No. Get on top of social alignment with Mirror Mirror to improve effectiveness, performance, and innovation.
Give your team members the opportunity to:
- think through answers to key questions about the team situation and outlook that are rarely asked
- understand and appreciate what their colleagues think and feel about the team situation and outlook
- get clarity on the team situation as well as the broader organizational purpose / direction
- close misalignment gaps and come up with better ways forward
- start making better decisions and take better actions
- save effort and frustration that would have been caused by unnecessary misalignment
- create a more open, appreciative, and constructive working culture.
Our customers feel that Mirror Mirror is a innovative and useful intervention, because
- there is growing recognition that alignment is a critical precursor for success in today’s complex work environments
- the innovative approach that Mirror Mirror takes to build a better shared current reality within teams, is proving very effective
- the insights gathered are useful for the wider organization
- it is quick, refreshing, efficient, and effective.